You’ve been diagnosed with high blood sugar or prediabetes.
This is no joke…what are the signs you should watch for?
How did this happen?
Here’s why this is a problem…and what YOU can do about it.
Persistently high blood sugar numbers are serious and need your attention.
Are you ready for high blood sugar help? Untreated it can cause arterial blockages, resulting in strokes or heart attacks. Hearing that may be all you need to know and now you are motivated to solve your situation.
Other people may need to hear more. They need to think about their diagnosis for months or even years before they take action. I get it. Change is hard. They worry about what will need to change in order to regain their health.
If people decide to wait before taking action, the damage inside the body continues. That’s right. Most people know they need help for 10 years before they take action. One reason for this is that the damage to their body is likely invisible. So, it’s easy to ignore.
Here’s what’s happening to their bodies under the surface…as they wait.
- Unstable blood sugar causes nerve damage. Sometimes this nerve damage causes burning leg pain eventually turns to leg numbness. Has your doctor warned you? Doctors warn that when arterial blockages and nerve damage are combined, deformities and tissue damage can mean the loss of feet or toes.
- Tiny blood vessels in our eyes are damaged by untreated high blood glucose. It can lead to blindness over time.
- A common problem in the body happens to our kidneys. Kidneys can fail due to high blood sugar and we can be required to use dialysis. Diabetes is the number one cause of kidney failure.
- High blood glucose impairs the white blood cell functions important to a healthy immune system. We’ve all begun to think about the importance of a strong immune system during this Covid-19 pandemic. Diabetes is a risk factor for anyone suffering from Covid-19.
- Blood that is consistently high in glucose welcomes bacteria and fungus, and these critters love to create nasty infections.
Blood Sugar Lesson One: The risk of ignoring it is real. It will impact the human body from head to toe.
Let’s move on to the options for help and stopping it before it damages YOUR BODY.
Understand the sugar in foods you love to eat.
Carbohydrates or “carbs” in food is the topic of this resource from Coach Georgianne. Learn why balancing your blood sugar is more important than counting calories.
Giving up a sedentary lifestyle is extremely helpful for those who want to lower their blood sugar.
Learn why stress and lack of sleep add to blood sugar imbalance.
Focus on these 5 foods to balance your blood sugar around the kitchen table.
Blood glucose levels can often be tied to the foods we use to cope with challenges.
What role does emotional eating as a coping tool play in your path toward diabetes?
Coach’s Note: If your high blood sugar is a new diagnosis or it is an old part of your life, help is here for you today. Maybe you’re part of an entire family struggling with a legacy of diabetes? This is the ideal time to get the professional help you deserve.
Coach Georgianne Holland
Certified Holistic Health Coach, Certified Diabetes Educator, Mind-Body-Medicine Practitioner, and Food-as-Medicine Instructor
Member of the American Association of Diabetes Educators (ADCES) and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners.
Holland Health Coaching is located in Colorado.
Find Coach Georgianne here.
Coach Georgianne does not replace your doctor; she helps you work with your medical team for your greater good health. All are welcome in the Solution Starter Prediabetes Community. Thank you for your support!